Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th of July weekend.

Friday was spent with Suzi as we went wedding dress shopping at Pat Catan's. Mother-of-the-bride, Mother-of-the-groom and bridesmaid Kaitlyn came as well to see Suzi in something other than athletic wear... She looked very pretty in everything she tried on - Jon is a lucky guy!

Saturday brought about the end of my pining for my husband. Joe flew in and we stopped to get a cheesesteak before we got home and I put him to work assembling our outdoor dining table. Pictures of that coming soon!

Sunday we pulled a forest of weeds from one of the beds in our backyard. We had done a good job in the front of our house but kept procrastinating on the back. I mean only our neighbors can see them... We were tired but forced ourselves to play 18 holes of golf in the afternoon. I blame the morning labor for my poor performance on the course.

We kept the momentum going on Monday and finished weeding in the backyard. We even started to mulch. I'm sure our neighbors will be glad to see the unkempt beds gone. To celebrate the holiday, we headed over to Donna's for a cookout. Nicole and I were beaten pretty badly in cornhole by our husbands (they even played left handed against us one game). All in all, weather was good, food was tasty and a fun time was had!

No comments: