Friday, February 15, 2008

Chapter 12: <3

To start out the Valentine's Day, I woke up at 7:01 AM. Joe has an 8:00 class on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I decided to surprise him with a Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate and a card. After that I told him I wanted to rest while he went to class. However, this was deceitful because my real plan was to decorate his room! I hung hearts from the ceiling, blew up 12 red and pink balloons, and scattered 50 tea candles and assorted chocolate hearts around the room. I also made banana bread which came out of the oven a few minutes before Joe returned from class.Joe returned with a coffee from my favorite cafe and a dozen red roses! He was surprised to see his room covered in pink and red. We enjoyed some warm banana bread but I couldn't stay long since I had class.

This all seems nice, but the following was the highlight of Valentine's Day! During Joe's last class, he had a surprise visit: a singing telegram! Eight men from "the dreamers" a capella group brought Joe a single red rose and sung him "Unchained Melody" during the middle of his English class. Meanwhile, my roommate, Vas, and I stood outside the classroom door listening. We wish we could have seen Joe's face.

To end the day, Joe treated me to a lovely dinner at the Tarragon Restaurant in the Atherton Hotel and then we watched The Notebook. Overall, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments: