Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chapter 8: Spontaneity

Today was a hectic day. My mom visited Mooreland Mansion in Kirtland, Ohio this morning as a possible venue site. She called me at 10:15 after her tour to report that she loved the site and was considering putting down the deposit to reserve a date in September. Although I trust my mom, I was not willing to choose my wedding ceremony and reception site without seeing it first. The woman was only going to be at the house until 2:00 and it is a four hour drive from State College to the Cleveland area. Needless to say Joe and I were on the highway by 10:30 heading West. We met my mom and dad at Mooreland around 2:30 and we were lucky that the representative was still there and willing to give us a tour. We really liked the site, however we wanted to visit another venue while we were in town.

Manakiki Ballroom was our next stop. Manakiki is a golf course located just east of Cleveland. We did not have an appointment to tour the building but decided an impromptu visit would at least let us know if it was worth considering. The catering coordinator happened to be on site and gave us a brief tour and answered a few questions. We really liked this site as well.

Our trouble now is deciding between the two venues. Our next post will layout our thoughts of each location.

No comments: